Wednesday, April 6, 2011

   This picture represents my favorite type of photography. It's black and white photography. For some reason black and white photos have always been my favorites. I am not sure who took this picture, but it certainly displays a lot of feeling. 
    For me, many black and white photos represent the idea of seeing the world in a new way. Instead of capturing the color of the world, you look at it from a whole new angle. The light and shadows are extremely obvious and provide incredible contrast. 
    This particular photo is taken at a slightly awkward angle. It's as if your actually in the picture. This illusion is seen in many pictures. In my opinion is works even better with black and white photography because of the details and textures that are shown when you take out the color. 

1 comment: