Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blog Post 3

 Personally, I find Kehinde Wiley’s paintings kind of odd. I don't think I have ever seen two such different art genres mashed into one. It is certainly interesting. But, I find it weird. My mom is an artist, so I have been brought up to appreciate all forms of art. So, I see the effort and originality put into these pieces but I can't find myself admiring the art itself.
 


       This first image is very similar to the backgrounds in Wiley's paintings. It is a baroque design. Patterns such as these are used in all three pictures we viewed.






          In all his paintings there is a featured person. This is similar to both Baroque and French Rococo. As you see in the picture below, there is a lot of detail but the people are the center of attention. This is a very famous Baroque painting by Diego Velasquez in 1656.




         Here is the final picture. This is one of Wiley's pictures. As you can see by the background, he incorporates the Baroque style as well as adding in his own ideas. It makes it very unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment